Flexitank is a new type of flexible packaging container that can store and transport various non-dangerous liquid goods. Each container can be placed exactly in a 20-foot container, with a volume of 14-24 cubic meters and a maximum capacity of 24,000 liters of liquid. It can replace expensive traditional packaging such as tanks and iron drums in the transportation of non-hazardous liquids.
The maximum capacity can reach 24,000 liters, which is about 35% higher than that of barreled. Cross-contamination greatly reduces the cost of loading and unloading, packaging and material management, which meets the requirements of environmental protection and food packaging. The raw materials of the product have no pollution to the environment and are suitable for transportation such as sea, railway, and land transportation.
Due to its significant economic advantages compared with traditional transportation packaging methods, it has been more widely used in various chemical, petroleum, food, feed, agricultural products and other fields.
(1) First of all, it is disposable and can be discarded after use. There is no need for additional places to store these liquid bags and clean them up. There is no overdue fee or other fees, which can save a lot of money. In addition, the benefits of one-time use are hygienic and environmentally friendly. Each time a brand new liquid bag is used, it can effectively avoid contamination of the goods.
(2) Compared with traditional tank containers, flexitanks can hold more goods, 40% more than the original container, so the number of containers required can be reduced, which can save money.
(3) BULKHEAD can be installed in the flexitank, which is equivalent to an insulator, and its maximum temperature is 80 degrees. This pack is very good for liquids that require temperature, and it can keep these special liquids warm. This is not possible with traditional tanks.
(4) The operation of the flexitank is very simple, and only a few people and some pipes are needed to complete the operation, while the traditional IBC and tank containers require dozens of workers to complete the filling. Secondly, its loading and unloading is also very simple. The liquid can be put in through the pipe from the top valve, and then released from the bottom valve through the pipe when it needs to be released.
(5) In addition to the cost-saving benefits mentioned above, the biggest advantage of the flexitank is that it is cheap. The calculated price is nearly half of the traditional method.
Leakage: It is very responsible to say that leakage is inevitable. It is also the biggest obstacle to using fluid bags. There are many reasons for leakage, which are generally divided into: design defects of liquid bags; production quality defects of liquid bags; improper use (including scratches by foreign objects, violent collisions, etc.).
What can be done is to improve the design, strictly control the quality, and strengthen customer guidance to reduce the risk of leakage. Through rapid network response, reasonable insurance claims further cover possible risks.
Strengthen customer guidance and rational use of flexitanks; at the same time, strengthen communication with transportation companies and rationally operate container flexitanks to reduce the risk.